Initial Consultation Questionnaire
Please consider the following items before our initial meeting:
Your history and practice history:
- How long have you been in practice?
- Current number of patients. Per cent of patients on Medi-Cal? On Medicare?
- Daily practice activity(# of patients, phone calls, walk-ins)
- Current staff and their roles within practice
- Current practice obstacles
- Health Insurance plans accepted
- Percentage of PPO vs. HMO patients
- Percentage of patients without insurance
Current software in use:
- Medical practice accounting software
- Medical billing software and or outside vendors used for billing purposes.
- Current patient medical records retrieving system
Current medical records system:
- Workflow from patient appointment to final reimbursement including appointment setting, patient record review, patient record updating (during and after appointment), billing and collections.
- Basic understanding on what the government’s, “Meaningful Use Objectives” are. Meeting these objectives is required to maximize the government’s incentive payments from implementing an approved EMR software system.